Monday, October 3, 2011

A PLC at school on Debbie Diller's Math Stations book

I seem to be getting farther and farther behind on my blogging.  With school back in session, there just isn't enough time in the day to do all I wish to do!  (blogging being one of them).  I haven't forgotten about the blogging world, and I have even been spreading the blogging word at school.  

Next week, I am starting a PLC on Debbie Diller's Math Stations book.  After reading all the great ideas and such from the Linky Party, I thought it would be fun and helpful to do a book study for staff development.  I sent out an email to get an idea of how many teachers would be interested, and my principal volunteered to buy the books for participants.  I never thought 24 teachers would sign up!  (I am sure my principal didn't either!)  I ordered the books, and they are all in now!  Next Tuesday is our first meeting, and everyone is supposed to read the first 2 chapters.  I will keep you informed thru my blog of what we discuss, and hopefully get feedback from you, too!  I am WAY excited about this.  I can't wait to see the K-5 teachers using stations in math!!!  and yes, I said k-5.  I have third, fourth, and fifth grade teachers also coming to the PLC.  Everyone does place value, geometry, measurement, and numbers!  I am sure modifications can easily be made!

Anyway, if you have any ideas for leading the group or suggestions for things to stress at our meetings, feel free to leave comments! 

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!